Monday, November 22, 2010

Veterans Day 10k!

Last weekend I ran the Veterans Day 10k in DC with my friend Katharine (aka Tizzle).  I was looking for a race in between a 5k and a half marathon and this one fit the bill.  I am so thankful Tizzle agreed to do it with me. 
Tizzle and Me pre-race
We carbo loaded the night before at Vapiano (mmm pasta) and prepped for an early morning.  It was a little chilly on Sunday, but it ended up being perfect race weather.  The course began at West Potomac Park and followed the Potomac river to Hains Point and looped back.  I was a little iffy about the out and back course because I didn't want to see all the people who were going to finish before me, but it actually turned out to be fun.  We got to see the front runners who were running under 5 minute miles and everyone was cheering and clapping for them.  It was a great atmosphere!  

As for the race, I felt great and had a blast!  Tizzle and I kept under a 9 minute mile pace and I finished in 54:46!  This 10k was just what I needed to get in the mindset for the half.  


Finish Line! 

No comments:

Post a Comment